Study suggests richest 1% will own over 50% of global wealth by 2016
"In 2014, the richest 1% of people in the world owned 48% of global wealth,leaving just 52% to be shared between the other 99% of adults on the planet. 1 Almost all of that 52% is owned by those included in the richest 20%, leaving just 5.5% for the remaining 80% of people in the world. If this trend continues of an increasing wealth share to the richest, the top 1% will have more wealth than the remaining 99% of people in just two years, as shown on Figure 2, with the wealth share of the top 1% exceeding 50% by 2016."
Oxfam, Having it All and Wanting More, January 2015. https://www.oxfam.org/sites/www.oxfam.org/files/file_attachments/ib-wealth-having-all-wanting-more-190115-en.pdf